Monday, May 28, 2012

pregnancy & more, pt.3


Lovin' my new baby:

The contractions and pain I had after my girls was surprising. Particularly when nursing. I barely noticed it with my first. My Mom said it usually gets a bit worse with each one. Oh goody.
I mentioned Cliffton's head. It was only elongated like that for a few days.
Violet honestly had Yoda ears, they stuck out at such a funny angle. Not that they were long, just a little twisted and she can defintely kick some butt like Yoda.
Azure had bloody eyes. I had never seen that in an infant before. It was a little creepy to see at first, but she was and is just so beautiful that I didn't really notice it much. 
I just loved holding these beautiful, brand new little darlings.  They are a most precious gift.
Its hard being so tired.  Its hard being so emotional.  Bizarre things seemed to set me off.  I know my emotions took a much greater rollar coaster ride after the baby than before.  You feel strange.  Its an awesome responsibility.  Going out on walks helped some.  Just being around family but not a lot of people at once also helped.
My first mother's day was when Cliffie was just 3 days old and we had some family over for a little luncheon thingy.  I was making my first bottle of formula for Cliffton 'cause I was sooo sore from nursing and I was feeling bad about it and still in pain and forget not feeling pretty, I felt like a walrus or something, etc. etc.  You get the idea.  Well, Richard had asked me something about the lunches and I was just concentrating on getting Cliffton fed and didn't pay much attention to him and so he poked my arm and asked again and I was said (apprx.), "Stop!  Don't do that!  I dont' care what lunch it is" and ran/waddled downstairs and promptly cried.  I felt so miserable.  It was kind of a strange thing that set me off but hey, we talked and that man loves me.  He is a compassionate soul. 

The baby zits were kind of bad with Azhie.  She has been by far the greatest sleeper.  I think she was 8 weeks old, maybe 10 when she started sleeping through the night.  Violet was OK and Cliffton woke up often for many months.  Violet seems to be my strongest baby.  I remember she climbed onto the ladder that went up to the loft before she could walk -  and the rungs were far apart.  Azure seems to be the quickest (but she does have to keep up with 2 older siblings).  Cliffton is so tender and sweet.  He is a very curious guy.  I'm falling asleep, time to go.  :)

1 comment:

StephenEmily Stacey said...

It's been fun reading about some of your pregnancy experiences. I guess we haven't shared in detail what we've felt about the pregnancy/L&D/recoverys we've had. Whew, it's quite the experience huh? You're one tough mama to deal with all of that.

I had to laugh though because right when I started reading the title, I thought that you were pregnant again:)

About Us