Monday, May 28, 2012

Pregnancy and more, pt.1

With several friends, cousins, and a sister in law who've either just had or about to have a baby, I have had pregnancy and labor and newborn baby joys and woes on my mind lately.  I'd like to share my experiences, serious and otherwise!

Pregnancy:
With my first, I was at my heaviest.  So that's no fun.  It brought new meaning to the term, "beached whale" in the last 7 weeks or so of pregnancy.  I was swollen during the last 2 weeks or so and it got worse at the hosptial and for a few days after.  I also had Puppps - it feels like Chicken Pox and it moves in patches around your body.  Since I have stretch marks all over my tummy, the Pupps goes to that weak skin first.  I felt like a Vampire - stay outta the sun!  Heat in general made is soooo much worse.
With my next 2:  No More Puppps! Most women don't get Puppps again. Yeah!
I often felt like my brain and body were separate.  My brain often wanted a lotta things that my body would just laugh at.  However, when it came to cravings, both brain and body joined forces.
I have a pregnancy-related hernia that came on in the last tri with Cliffton, the 2nd one with Violet, and then the first tri with Azure.  I'm thinking that the hernia will be my "I've gotta be pregnant" hint instead of a pregnancy test or missed period with my next.  Oh goody.
My 2nd pregnancy went really well other than the hernia. It seemed like Violet got particularly active right at bedtime and when I would finish excercising. 
Azure was pretty calm.  I got a lot of pain at night with my last pregnancy.  I'm not sure if it was the round ligament pain or what.  But it hurt.  I had a hard time the last tri trying to get comfortable and dealing with cramps.  I started sleeping practically sitting up and that helped a lot.  I felt like an old person.  I got swollen veins, esp. on my right leg.  Nearly every time I stood, it hurt, after the first 9 weeks or so.  Definitely the roughest pregnancy.


No comments:

About Us