Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Running at the beach

I've rarely gone running at the beach which is a shame since we're pretty close.  I do, however, run along a bikeway that goes to the beach fairly often.  Today, I determined that since the weather had warmed up and I knew I needed to get used to being wet, cold and sandy/muddy, and running up some hills, I would run at the beach.  The girls and I had played at the beach in field 2 at Jones Beach today.  We were there from about 1 to 240.  It was good.  Azure was starting to get cold.  Luckily I had her blankie with me.  :) 
Later that evening after Richard got home, I went out and used my new compression capris on my run.  I gotta say, they feel nice.  Love em!  I also wore a new LS shirt that is supposed to dry quickly and I love it too.  It didn't seem to dry quickly but it never felt heavy.  The shirt so did not keep me warm as its such a thin material but its made for higher temps.  Surprisingly enough, for me, I kind of enjoyed running along the dunes and going about calf high in the semi-polar water (or more, depending on the waves).  I dipped my feet in the water earlier with Violet and yikes!  Brrrrr!!!  That evening though, I didn't feel too bad.  The big factor in that was wearing shoes I think.  I felt much colder at the start when I was dry and after I was done and entering into my car.  The exercise kept me fairly warm.  What bugged me to a degree was how heavy my shoes got with sand and then especially the way the sand "smushed" my toes.  They already felt kinda bizarre from the cold.  My shoes drained the water pretty well but the sand just kept coming in.  Ick. 
When I was going to my car, oh man oh man, I wish I had a camera!  The storm front was coming in and it looked AWESOME!!  All of these cloud layers that were quite distinct.  Just beautiful.  Hopefully I can find somebody's pic of the storm coming in, one day.  I've already looked a few times.  :)

No comments:

About Us