Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Nice

Even though part of last week we were still wearing snow jackets, these last few days I've been loving my shorts, capris and flip-flops.  Right now its raining outside and we saw our first lightning of the year.  (BTW, I got my first sunburn of the year on Monday.  We played for over 2 hours).  We've been playing outside a lot the last 7 days.  I needed it!  We all did. 
Yesterday evening I got home with the kids from being at waterfront park from about 415-545.  They had some fun with a friend from church but played a bit with other kids too.  The playground and swings are a lot of fun for the kiddos.  They really like the larger, handicap chair swings.  The ice cream truck was there but thank goodness it was gone by the time we got out of the restroom (yea, they opened the restroom!)  We also went down to the water and threw rocks, wood, plants, small children, etc. in the water.  ;)  Good times!  Ah, such a nice day. 
I felt 'inspired' to come back to the park and have an impromptu cookout as we packed up to go home and tried calling Richard a few times to see if he could do it (didn't really want to do it without my man).  At home, I gathered what we had to make some burgers and had to go next door, with Violet, to CVS to get a few more things.  In my care to make sure we had everything, as we are leaving the apartment, I realized I forgot the matches.  As I'm grabbing them, I realized I forgot something else, the meat.  :)  Yup, go me! 
We get to the park and the sunset was amazing!  The kids run around, having fun, while I watch/play with them and Richard cooked the food.   He asked me if I had a metal spatula.  Oops.  Didn't even think of that one.  :)  I went to the car looking for something to use.  Would our old license plate frame work?  Possibly.  We ended up using the lid from the glass pickle jar.  Still playing and it starts getting cold and a little dark.  So, the burgers are ALMOST done, we've munched on the kettlecorn and cheese puffs, when employees come into the parking lot yelling the park is closed.  Nice. Thanks.  It was still a fun, spontaneous evening which continued on at home.  And nice pictures too.


Azure didn't mind leaving me.







 These next photos were taken after we came back in the evening to cook.


Azure loves these rockers! (what would you call them?)  If she's not on a swing, she's on a seahorse or dolphin.

climbing the spiderweb


Don't you just love the sky at dawn and dusk?  Its made even sweeter by the Sweet Stacey Siblings!  brought to you by the Sexy Stacey parents  ;)


2 comments:

StephenEmily Stacey said...

I'm craving warmer temps! Glad you've been able to get out and enjoy them.

Darrell and Loretta Stacey said...

Fun picnic - beautiful scenery - fantastic family. Thanks so much for taking the time to share it with us.

About Us