Monday, August 27, 2012

Summer Run Series pt. 2

Race #4 and #5 were both HOT (close to 100 degrees)!  #6 was warm, not too bad.
I pushed myself hard in them and got faster times (and sometimes felt close to passing out!).  I'm using these races basically as my speed workouts for a few weeks.  I dont' think I've pushed myself so hard before.  Race #4, Caumsett 5K, time 28:08;
#5, Hempstead Lake 4K, time: 22:21;
Race #6, Belmont Lake 5K, time 27:52.
Race #7, Robert Moses 5K, 26:32;
Race #8, Jones Beach 5 miler, 43:51
 I was 18th in my division for the last one (there were 119 women in my div. that day).  551/1747 overall.
(I realize there may be too many numbers in this post to interest some of you but this was fun for me to see progress from a pace perspective.)
9:43 approx. pace for race #1
9:48 approx. pace for race #2 (longest)
9:24 pace, race #3
9:04 pace, race #4
8:56 pace, race #5 (shortest)
8:59 pace, race #6
8:33 pace, race #7
8:53 pace, race #8 (5 miles)

Now Im training for a half marathon on Oct 6th and I have a zombie 5K run on Oct 27th.  Next year is my I-must-have-been-crazy-to-sign-up-for-this Tough Mudder in Boston.  :)

4 comments:

Emily said...

That's awesome! I like watching your pace times drop. Hopefully your body is kind to you and avoids injury through all of this!

Darrell and Loretta Stacey said...

Wow Janelle!

Janelle said...

I hope so too Emily. My knees hurt sometimes but what can you do? RICE, Ib profen, and some TLC. I haven't been stretching like I used to so I know I need to pick that up again.

Lori said...

you are crazy - and I am a little jealous that you can do this. I wimp out way too fast when it comes to running...

About Us