Tuesday, July 3, 2012

NY State Parks Summer Run Series

I signed up for a run series that goes through 8 of the state parks on Long Island.  They range from a 4k to a 10k.  Unfortunately, I arrived late to the first two which were some of the longer runs, a 5 miler and the 10K.  I just jumped in with the runners.  There were so many people!!  So, I don't know what my exact distance was.  On June 11, I ran between 3.5 -4 miles of the first race, a 5 mile run (around 35 minutes).  The family was playing at a playground during this race.  I met them afterwards.
 I believe Cliffton took the first two pictures.



One June 18, I ran between 5.2 and 5.5 miles of the 10K (about 53 minutes). Again, I just jumped in with the runners.  This one was a really hilly, cross country course that was tough but I felt great that day and ran up most or all of the hills.
You can see we just wear the same bib # and chip timer on our shoe for each race. 

On my 3rd run I FINALLY got there on time and ran a 5K in about 29 min. 11 sec. No pictures of that one.  This one I felt really weird during the run.  I had drank the last little bit of a 5 hour energy drink leftover from my trip with Susie to Niagara and Palmyra.  I think it made me alternate too quick between feeling really energetic and feeling drained.  I felt kinda bizarre later on during the raffles and awards.  I'm not drinking that again for an event.  It was good for helping me stay awake while driving though.
My fastest 5k times ever (in a race) were each about 27min. I'd like to get to 8 min. miles this year.  So, 3 down, 5 to go!  I still have a 4K, 3 5ks and a 5 mile left. 


2 comments:

Darrell and Loretta Stacey said...

Good job Janelle! So proud of you!!

Stephen Stacey said...

That's cool that you got to run so many races. Plus, to get to see Cliftons great photographic abilities!

About Us