Monday, July 2, 2012

Niagara Falls June 22, 2012

Susie, Aria, Azure and I went to Niagara Falls. Awesome! I want to go back with my husband and the rest of the kiddos one day.   The girls were great on this trip and that was partly due to the fact that we left Freeport around 3am and got to the Falls around 2pm. It was supposed to be about an 8 hour trip if you don't have any stops. I figured we would have around 9 hours since the girls would sleep for most of it. I didn't think Susie and I would be the reason we'd get there much later. We went, seriously, about 90 minutes either going in circles or getting on the wrong road which of course would happen to be a toll road which of course would happen to NOT have any exits for several miles going in completely the wrong direction. Yeah. This was all centered around an area that Susie and I 'affectionately' refer to as the 'Summit-which-shall-not-be-named.'
 I actually don't remember the real name.
 





 I got a shot glass with Niagara Falls, NY on it and a Niagara Falls State Park t shirt. It is the oldest state park and there is a lot offered there/around the town. We rode the trolley. We snapped pics of American Falls and Horseshoe Falls. We didn't have passports so we stayed on the U.S. side. FYI: It looks like you can get better pictures, and cheaper hotels, in Canada. It was still great.

 There is soooo much water flowing toward the falls. And this is just one section.  I think this is the 'point of no return'.

 Susie and I posing with the babies. The stroller was given to Richard and I by a stranger at church conference. It has been a great blessing to have a double stroller that folds really flat. Again, the girls were great overall.


 American Falls




This is the Skylon Tower in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
 Horseshoe Falls















A few silly pics  ;)
Holy Susie
The Statue of Janelle
                                             

All right, the babies were getting a bit scared by our silliness.  Onto more serious endeavors...



OK, I know I said this would be serious stuff now, but, I can't resist....

"No no no no Canada.  I know you think you're all that, but...

...What? Excuse me?  I KNOW you did NOT just interrupt me!!
   
Take that Canada!   ;)



2 comments:

Darrell and Loretta Stacey said...

Beautiful pictures Janelle. I love Azure's 'up do'. She and Aria are cute together - and so are you and your favorite twin!

Stephen Stacey said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I'd like to go there someday.

About Us