Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Reposting thoughts from facebook


Feb 19   I feel so strongly that God loves us all. We are all sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father. I do not feel that, as a woman, I am less than a man. No way! We rock! Just as strongly, I feel that women are not better than men. We are complementary to one another - different roles, different responsibilities but with the same purpose: to learn how to love God, ourselves and others. In our church, worthy men may have the priesthood. Do I feel left out? No. This is from Pres. James E. Faust in 2004 and I have seen it to be true: Priesthood is the righteous power and influence by which boys are taught in their youth and throughout their lives to honor chastity, to be honest and industrious, and to develop respect for and stand in the defense of womanhood. Honoring the priesthood means following the example of Christ and seeking to emulate His example of fatherhood. It means constant concern and caring for one’s own flesh and blood. The man who holds the priesthood is to honor it by eternally cherishing, with absolute fidelity, his wife and the mother of his children. He is to extend lifelong care and concern for his children and their children. Does this sound like a cult that wants to suppress women? :)  Richard W. Stacey is my "knight in shining armor" and even though he makes mistakes I know that he truly cherishes me and our kiddos. I Love that man!

Feb 11  I hear so often that we need to be more tolerant. I think people are confused. If you equate tolerance with respect, I agree. However, when people are voicing what they believe is best- not acting out on their homoerotic tendencies - and others demanding that they have a duty to say that homosexuality isn't a sin, regardless of their own belief, that is a far cry from tolerance. Yikes people. Aren't you grateful to live in a country where (at least currently) you can believe whatever you want? Some people do, or at least are trying to do whats right and are messing up but we all make mistakes, no matter your age, etc. some have no idea whats right (I think we've all been there at some point) and some truly don't care and even fight against whats right. I would hope that people uphold respect, because you can learn so much more with your ears than with your mouth. :)

No comments:

About Us