Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Facebook post on a serious note



Feb 10   Wise words from Elder Robert D. Hales, October 2010: 
"In my youth I learned an important lesson about how our actions may limit our freedom. One day my father assigned me to varnish a wooden floor. I made the choice to begin at the door and work my way into the room. When I was almost finished, I realized I had left myself no way to get out. There was no window or door on the other side. I had literally painted myself into a corner. I had no place to go. I was stuck....
Whenever we disobey, we spiritually paint ourselves into a corner and are captive to our choices. Though we are spiritually stuck, there is always a way back. Like repentance, turning around and walking across a newly varnished floor means more work—a lot of resanding and refinishing! Returning to the Lord isn’t easy, but it is worth it."
From Janelle: we choose freedom, we choose life, liberty and joy when we choose our Savior. If we follow whats true and pure, the light of Christ, we liberate ourselves and we can liberate our family and friends. Because really, who wants to be a prisoner? Do you want to be a slave to your passions, addictions, demons, etc? I think everyone, truly, wants to be FREE. We have to understand that there is no choice without a consequence. Our agency - ability to choose and act for ourselves - is part of God's plan. He loves us so much and wants for us to learn, grow and have joy. The road to freedom is the road that leads to Christ. "...As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." That is my choice.

No comments:

About Us