Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My 2nd half marathon.... and pics of the kids!


My first half marathon was in August 2006 just before I found out I was pregnant with Cliffton. It was a pretty run down Provo Canyon and through the riverwoods residential and shopping areas. I remember feeling pretty good and I kept my pace easy until the last 2 miles or so. I finished at 2:22. This past weekend I ran the Great South Bay Half which was an almost entirely flat course in mostly residential streets and I finished in 2:03 (2 hours, 3 minutes). That's a 9:24 (min:sec.) average pace. My knees started hurting around 7.5 miles (oh joy) and my feet were burning around mile 10. Instead of looking at the overall time on my watch, this time I kept my watch on laps mode so I only saw my (apprx.) time for each mile. I had no idea, really, what my time would be at the end only that I was sure it was below 2:15. So, I'm glad I came in under 2:10 which is approx. what I thought my time would be. Next time I run one, I'd like to come in around 1:50. But that won't be for awhile.... So, anyone want to join me? I'd love to race with a friend!  The kids had a lot of fun with Richard at a park while I ran.  Let me tell you, that sweet husband of mine has been a great support to me in my running goals.  He sometimes got me out of bed to run on those early mornings.  He's watched the kids while I've run.  And lastly, he played with all 3 of 'em for a little over 2 hours while I ran the race. RICHARD IS THE GREATEST!  :) 










3 comments:

StephenEmily Stacey said...

Pick me! I love a good half marathon. It would be fun to find one to do together after you guys are closer to the West coast. Let's definitely look into this.

Janelle said...

You bet! :)

Loretta said...

Janelle, I completely admire your dedication to running. May I say that I will not be joining you? I'll leave it to the younger family members. Good job on your half marathon. Your time sure sounded amazing to me!

About Us

Blog Archive