Monday, October 1, 2012

Cliffton's first day of Kindergarten 9/4/2012

Cliffton was nervous.  He made some pretty silly faces that morning as we got ready to take him to school.



I couldn't find his bus tag so he didn't ride the bus the first day but when I picked him up that afternoon I got a copy of the tag.  He really likes the bus.  It actually takes longer, a LOT longer, for him to ride the bus home.  I've told him a few times that we can walk to school since its so close (we are just barely far enough to qualify to ride the bus, about 1/3 of a mile or so).  He says he wants to stay on the bus.  When we've walked to school, it takes about 15 minutes, more or less depending on if I let the kids walk some of it or not.  The loading onto the bus, the bus route (his is the last stop) and our walk home from the bus stop is about 50 minutes.  Yeah.  If this winter is the opposite of last and we get tons of snow, I know I'm gonna love the bus, but right now, I think its a bit ridiculous.
I stayed with him for about the first half hour of kindergarten.  So did almost every parent  :)








 So here we are at the end of his first day at the main office.  We 'enjoyed' a lovely downpour on the way into the school to get Cliffton!




He really likes his teacher.  His teacher is a musician and seems like a very kind, easy going personality.  A bit quieter and mellower person than his Pre-K teacher last year.  Cliffton has homework!  I am a little surprised that its a rare day indeed when they don't have homework.  Cliffton typically does not like his homework very much but he does it and does quite well.  Most of the homework has been tracing letters and then coloring, cutting and pasting objects that start with the chosen letter.  He can write his name and count to at least 20, I think.

3 comments:

StephenEmily Stacey said...

Wow - can't believe he's big enough to be in Kindergarten! Hope it's a great year for all of you.

Camille said...

Kindergarten already!!! How fun for him! And your kids are getting so big!

Loretta said...

The classroom pictures are so cute. It's hard to believe our oldest grandchild is now a school boy. I love you Cliffton!

About Us

Blog Archive