Saturday, August 20, 2011

VIOLET & Co.

I feel like I'm "at my wit's end," "crazy," etc. with my three children. When Azure is crying I often don't pick her up. Sometimes its purposeful because I want her to cry and get some energy out and because I don't want to be in the habit of shushing every cry. Usually though, I'm trying, trying to get stuff done around the home. I might get 4 dishes cleaned before she starts crying which means I may have a good 1/2 hour - an hour of her crying while I get the kitchen cleaned if I don't pick her up at all. I feel depressed when, for example, "yea! I've cleaned the bathroom." 'Course its been 2 weeks since I last did it, and other than take a shower its the only 'accomplishment' I have for the day. Hmmmm. Maybe not-so-yea."
Violet has used permanent marker on the tv, wall and entertainment center. She has put train tracks in the toilet (THANK GOODNESS I had cleaned the bathroom the same day), put Richard's magic cards in the shredder, eaten chalk and candles and she has cut her tongue with my razor. Most of these are just in the last few days. I think I repress earlier memories! Potty training is not happening very well, at all, and it is out-and-out mortal combat when it comes to brushing her teeth.
Well, on the other end of the scale, she is soooo excited when either Richard or I come home. She is generous with her kisses and hugs. She is sooo trying but so wonderful and very pretty and cute. I love how much she loves her little baby sister. I just wish she wouldn't beat up on her big brother. Sigh. At least she doesn't beat up on Azure too.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hang in there! Things will get better. And cleaning the bathroom IS a big accomplishment! I don't even have kids yet and I don't want to let on how long its been since I last cleaned ours! :)

Camille said...

Hang in there, Janelle!!! You just had a baby, and are more then likely sleep-deprived!!! Don't worry about how long it has been since you cleaned your bathrooms....10 years from now, no one will even remember that ; ) Love you!!! You are a great Mommy!!!!

StephenEmily Stacey said...

Oh the joys. I do not envy the permanent marker job, nor the beating up on a sibling.

I completely understand the feeling of accomplishment from small things - or rather, the lack of feeling accomplished. It bugs that it takes me twice as long to clean the bathrooms, wash dishes, or make dinner because I'm interrupted all the time. It's really frustrating.

You're not motivating me to add any more kids to the mix! Hang in there though, I know you're doing a great job.

About Us