Friday, August 26, 2011

Earthquakes and hurricanes and mister rodgers oh my!

I had my first earthquake on Tuesday and it scared me. I thought one of the kids was shaking my chair and had turned around to see who wanted my attention. Then I saw the lights swinging and my balance felt off. It was weird to say the least. I called some people and then grabbed some things and the kids and we went to the yard for awhile. I was nervous that an aftershock might for some reason be stronger. But that was it. Nothing fell down and everyone was fine. Looks like Hurricane Irene will hit NY though. We'll see. We're making sure we have supplies on hand. I haven't seen a flashlight in awhile....
Cliffton has been introduced to Mr. Rodgers and he really likes it. Gotta go!

3 comments:

StephenEmily Stacey said...

I've never experienced an earthquake. Sounds kind of crazy. Glad that you're all okay!

Mike and Michelle Clark said...

Earthquakes are such unnerving experiences. I went through one in Hawaii that woke me from sleep and shifted my bed about 6 inches over. During times like that, aren't you grateful for the advice of church leaders on emergency prepardness?

Darrell and Loretta Stacey said...

We're glad that all is O.K. following the earthquake. Now we're closely watching news of the hurricane. We're glad you're prepared.

About Us