Monday, October 18, 2010

I have never seen this before...

Can you read it? It says FALLOUT SHELTER. I had to get a picture. Its on the town hall.
*Some history: This town officially became Freeport in the mid 1800s (it was called Raynortown or something like that before) but there's been a community here since about 1660 or so. 350 years! Yikes! I was born in Reno and I'm pretty sure it wasn't 'settled' 'till about 1860. Orlando, my home from 1992-2004, was sparsely populated by native Americans until Europeans came around 1836. Not so up here! A lot of cities have roots going back to mid 1600s.

2 comments:

Darrell and Loretta Stacey said...

It is fun to discover the history of where you live. I remember sending quite a few letters to my family telling about Okinawa and the history of where we were then living. Thanks!

Darrell and Loretta Stacey said...

You sure that's not a Jack-O-Lantern up there?
papa

About Us