Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Not feeling like me

I just want to say how exhausting the last 2 months or so of this pregnancy has been.  I've never been off my feet so much and I'm so grateful that the kids are all a little bit older during this one so I'm not trying to chase a toddler while preggo.  This has been my hardest pregnancy, especially this last month.  My right leg has bad circulation and I wear a neoprene sleeve that helps.  Sometimes my leg is really sore.  Sometimes my hernia is really sore.  Lately, its like I'm having morning sickness again and I've had a cough that wont let up and terrible ligament pain.  My hips hurt.  Ugh.  On the plus side,  I'm already dilated to almost 3 but the baby hasn't dropped into my pelvis yet.  Dr. McCarter said walking will help pull her down so I've done a bit more walking.  Sort of.  My whole activity level is sooo far below what it was in the first trimester, forget before becoming pregnant.  I'm really looking forward to feeling more like "me" again.  All that said, I'm grateful that I can have children, I'm grateful to have this sweet family of mine.  I know I don't have it near as rough as some moms so I can count my blessings that I'm not sick the whole time, I'm not high risk, I don't gain a ton of weight and I have a very supportive husband.  He makes life good.  :)  My kids are terribly cute in the way they like to talk to this little baby.  Azure loves to say, "Hey babe-ah babe-ah babe-ah" and she will push my tummy around a little and then gasp and say, "Oh, I felt the baby move!"

I did want to ask all Moms out there:  Any foods or drinks you recommend leading up to L&D?  Thanks!

No comments:

About Us