Sunday, September 14, 2014

Donut Falls, June 1st approx.

I took the kiddos to Donut Falls right about the time school got out for summer and it was the first time I had driven in Big Cottonwood Canyon.  We had fun as we stopped at Guardsman Pass and took some pictures and played a little in the snow that was still hanging around.

Then we drove past Brighton and Solitude Ski resorts and found the tiny parking lot for Donut Falls.  What was not clear was what way to go on the hike, at least to me, particularly because it looked way too steep in the beginning and I had heard from a few sources that it was a good, family-friendly hike.  So after meandering some, we got on the trail and wouldn't you know, Cliffton and Violet were really good little hikers.  Azure, eh, not so much.  I carried her nearly the whole time and thank goodness my wrists didn't ache and give out.  Sometimes my wrists, my left one mostly, will just hurt and I can barely use my hands.

When we got close to the river, you have to climb down some rocks, and go across water or rocks if you can manage it, to get to see the Falls.


No comments:

About Us