Saturday, May 14, 2011

party at the park...now in color!






We invited some friends to the park to celebrate Cliffton's birthday. They played at the playground in the beginning and we had some games (boys vs. girls) like a ball toss and a scavenger hunt. I was a bit nervous with Violet playing on the fake cliff but she did good and my friend's husband was willing to watch the kids on the playground for a while. The kids also wrapped 2 of them up in the streamers I had brought. We didn't end up with a pavillion so we borrowed some chairs from church and had a blanket out. Richard and Biondis made some very good hot dogs and hamburgers and we also had some apples and cookies and chips and soda. And of course, a mickey mouse birthday cake!

It seemed like the kids all played well together and I'm proud to say the girls kicked some major butt in the games! Richard did face painting at the end as Cliffie was opening presents. I believe Cliffie had a great day. It was tough on us, but we had fun too. I think that having parties is pretty stressful. But you enjoy time with friends its just hard to have that 'time' when all of kids (besides your own) need/want you! Most of the people were from church who knew each other well. They are some of the kindest people I know. We have some pictures but as I said, it was tough on me so I didn't get to play photographer near as much as I would have liked.

3 comments:

Darrell and Loretta Stacey said...

What a fun birthday party! I admire you for doing all that near the end of a pregnancy. I'm glad Richard was there to help you. You are awesome Janelle!

Mike and Michelle Clark said...

Sounds like it was a great day! I can't believe he's already four years old!

Davianne said...

Fun updates. And I can't believe Cliffton is 4!! Or that you're having #3 soon!! When did we get this old?

About Us