Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter

Saturday night before Easter, we colored eggs with the kids. They really liked it! Cliffton and Richard used the little wrap around things that stick to the eggs after you dip them in hot water. Cliffie thought that was pretty amazing. Violet and I liked the dye and the stickers. After Church and food on Easter, Cliffton and Violet looked for plastic eggs and our colored eggs. Violet had just started to fall asleep so she was quite grumpy about being told it was easter egg hunting time. Once she found her first egg though, then she had fun. We coached them on most, but they found some on their own. They each had a little basket with goodies too and they are so nice to share treats with their mama! We had a different pair of missionaries over that day and we had my first roast beef (I'm always nervous cooking up huge chunks of meat) and eggs, of course, and homemade mashed potatoes and some other stuff that I can't remember. Let's blame pregnancy. I taught the primary kids a little about Jesus and being resurrected that day. I remember I hadn't planned well that day and so I wasn't very well prepared. Not cool. I made sure that didn't happen yesterday again in primary. It still wasn't perfect but better. I like being the sharing time teacher. Its a neat calling. I really like when the kids want to help out and read scriptures, or hold pictures, etc.

No comments:

About Us