Sunday, October 4, 2009

Yea! I survived!

I finished the "Top of Utah" marathon! The marathon was down a canyon for the first 14 miles and that's when I started to get tired. In my practice sessions, the longest jog I had was about 8.5 miles so I was a bit surprised that I felt good until about then. I ended up walking a lot from mile 17-20, by far the hardest 3 miles of the course. Darrell joined me for part of it (as a spectator) and that was really kind. Otherwise, I did it alone. I saw Cliffton and Richard around mile 17 and that was really awesome. It took me 6 hrs and 6 mins. and that was looooooong! I hope to do another one someday and finish about an hour sooner. We'll see. I'm glad I did it! It was perfect weather and the temp. felt great.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

you are amazing! you inspire me!

About Us