Tuesday, August 18, 2009

not so hot....

I've been preparing for a marathon the last 12 weeks or so and its been tough. The first month, I had to get used to jogging again (I started when Violet was about 6 weeks old). I had a lot of side pain. I think those pains are called "stiches". Then in July, my knees started hurting and they got worse up until the Pioneer Day 10K when I really beat them up. So, since then, I've replaced 3 of my 6 days of jogging with other exercises. Sometimes its Tae Bo, sometimes dance aerobics and strength training, sometimes elliptical. Even then, I've mixed it up more where I've jogged 2x a week and then 4x a week the next. So, my knees aren't as bad, but they STILL hurt. I'm also trying to stick to jogging on dirt and grass where I can but its difficult. I have exactly 1 month until the marathon. YIKES! Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Davianne said...

Love all the pictures! Except for you knees it looks like you've been having a fun summer. Even though I do like running I don't know much about it or knee problems. Maybe wait until the next marathon so you can rest your knees? Or maybe get them adjested?

Emily said...

I didn't know that you were training for a marathon Janelle! Good luck. I hope that your knee gets better.

About Us