Thursday, April 24, 2014

The last couple of days

I don't understand why the pictures from Violet's birthday aren't showing up.  Grrr.  It was a pain trying to get them on the blog and yet it had seemed fine when I uploaded everything.  guess I'll have to play magician later and make them "magically" appear.  :/  I wanted to post that I accomplished one of my hikes/rides on my 2014 list - the Bonneville Shoreline trail.  It was so 'dumb' getting there, though, for lack of a better word.  I parked near Bridal Veil Falls and found a trail for the Great Western Trail, which was fine, but then a way up from it which was dumb.  It was sooo steep in areas, I could barely hike, let alone trail run (my goal).  Finally, I got to what was the old shoreline and then it was good.  Coming back I thought, Heck no am I going to do that same trail, so using my phone's google maps service, I found a way down to the Western trail and at first it was steep but then it was fine.  I nearly fell on the steep part and rolled my ankle and hurt a tendon (or something) near my left hip a little but nothing bad.  See what you get for trying to be all healthy, Janelle?  Yeah, boo!  :)
Looking forward to the kids party this Saturday.....anyone know how stressed out I get when I do a party?  Well, my super de duper awesome husband is doing a lot of it.  He's amazin', let me tell you.  It should be groovy!  I better go bake a cake, or something....


No comments:

About Us