Sunday, November 18, 2012

As my Dad might say, this was, "Interesting."

In my Facebook profile, I called this 'What NOT to do'.  This was a rather pyscho night.  This happened Thursday.  May most of these events NEVER happen again.

I took some youth, we were all very late, to a fireside in Manhattan. Realized my GPS garmin wasn't charged so I couldn't use it. (I had the temple address). Then My phone died which I was using for GPS. Starting to get lost and then my gas light went on. I had no idea where a gas station was as I entered the city so I asked the toll attendant. Got directions and then got lost again. Decided it was better to just get to church building/temple grounds then figure it out. Went down a one way street the WRONG WAY! Many times did not know where I was or how close to central park we were (the temple is really close to central park west) Finally, Got to parking garage and said 'Ok. We're ok. We didn't run out of gas in the middle of the street, late at night.' The temple/church building is right around the corner. We get in, head to elevator, and a bunch of youth come out, Oh hey you missed the fireside. :/ Find someone to help us find a gas station. Score! Then the kind brother says he and his son will go there and get some gas for us. (I explained I didn't think the car would make it out of the garage). Multiple thanks!! I remember we have a gas can in our trunk so we go back to garage and nope, no gas can. (Didn't know it was being used by others recovering from Sandy). They go and bring back gas and we get moving! All right. After directions from parking attendant we head to Queensboro bridge. As I'm getting off the bridge I make several more wrong turns and go down ANOTHER one way street the wrong way. Finally I happen to find myself on Queens Blvd. which I think will lead us in a friendly direction. And it does. (along the way I take us to McDonalds drive thru so its not a complete, hungry waste of time.) I take the youth home ( 3 diff. homes) and get home around midnight. I think there was more. Oh yeah...I forgot to get receipts. For everything.  
I'd like my money back - at least on the tolls and the parking!

No comments:

About Us