Sunday, July 11, 2010

I heart running!


6 weeks ago, I did a 5K during Memorial Day weekend and came in about 27:30. I didn't register for the run; I just showed up and did it so I don't know the exact time. Yesterday in Mona, I ran a 5K through the lavendar fields and came in at 27:11. (About 8:46/mile). The view was pretty but the route was too rocky for my taste. I was amazed I got a faster time because the start was sooo slow. Usually, in races, I've been a bit discouraged because I would apparently start too close too the front so all of the fast runners would pass and pass and pass me. Not fun. This time, I determined it would not happen again. Wouldn't you know - this was so slow. It almost backfired because I was trying hard to get around everyone and going off into rockier areas. At least I was finally able to pass people. That was a new experience. Here's a link to the lavendar farms I was at:

http://www.youngliving.com/


No comments:

About Us