Saturday, October 18, 2008

The babies



Cliffton walks really well now and he absolutely loves lights and light switches (if you pick him up he automatically looks around for a light switch and says “eh-lie” which means light). He also loves buttons – anything electronic! And he loves to run free! I guess he’s kinda like his Uncle Dagan, he’d say his parents are just “holding me back”! Richard and I took him to Toys R Us today (Sept. 29) and he had a blast running around looking at not just toys but also at the floor, the ceiling fans and lights and things like shelf price tags. He was so cute when he got pretty scared of this dinosaur toy but at the same time was fascinated by it and kept pushing the button to make it move. Cliffton appears to be getting his 9th tooth and he likes to brush his teeth although not for very long at all.

Our baby #2: I’m going to refer to her as “she” because I’m the mom, that’s why. She’s gone from an embryo to fetus (after 10 weeks) which means all the parts she needs for life are formed and she is about the size of a peach. As of today, 10/18/08, she is starting her 14th week. Her heartbeat can be heard and her skin is nearly transparent. Some of the intestines are outside her body because her tummy is too little to hold them all. Vocal cords are starting to grow and her tail should have disappeared by now (did you know we all had tails before we were born?). She will begin to hear sounds now and can be startled by loud noises.

I tried to hint to Susie (see pic. above) about our upcoming pregnancy using 'sugar babies' candy and 'lavendar baby lotion' that I gave to her back in August, but she figured it out when she saw Cliffie's onsie that says "I'm going to be a big brother!"

5 comments:

Stephen Stacey said...

I love looking at what's happening with the baby development. It's so cute to read about how their little toes are starting to wiggle and wonder when you'll feel it. I'm so excited for our little girl to have a girl* cousin to play with.

Steve

*I'm with you Janelle. I want her to be a girl too. Just don't show this to her if she ends up being a boy.

Hermana Ferrin said...

You are so cute! And so is Cliffie!
- Lee

Davianne said...

It's amazing!! You've posted something!! What fun you guys have been having. How are you feeling these days? Do you still have morning sickness?

Darrell and Loretta Stacey said...

A little girl is fine, but another Cliffton would not be disappointing either!

Brittany said...

Awh! Janelle Look how your little family is growing :) Congratz on babay # 2, if she is a She, then I will finally be able to buy all those cutsie outfits i see at the store, but i don't buy...

And I won't let Noah Go off & be a cross dresser :P gosh i mean he's only 14 months old ;)

I love you girl!!! & i miss your face! If i ever get to visit utah, Noah & I will have to visit!

Love you! ♥

About Us